Migrant workers policy

The points based system is operated by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) which manages the intake of skilled workers with a job offer into the UK.  UKBA also deal with extensions to leave requests and existing employment visas.

Harrow Council has a licence to sponsor both Tier 2 and Tier 5 workers. Tier 2 Migrant Workers must  have a minimum skill level to broadly graduate level. This does not mean that each migrant worker has to hold a graduate qualification but must be applying to work in a role broadly equivalent to this.

Guidance and more information