Schools Privacy Notice
School Workforce: those employed or otherwise engaged to work at a school
or the Local Authority
Privacy Notice - Data Protection Legislation
Personal data is held by the school / Local Authority about those employed or otherwise engaged to work at the school or Local Authority. This is to assist in the smooth running of the school and/or enable individuals to be paid. The collection of this information will benefit both national and local users by:
- Improving the management of school workforce data across the sector;
- Enabling a comprehensive picture of the workforce and how it is deployed to be built up;
- Informing the development of recruitment and retention policies;
- Allowing better financial modeling and planning;
- Enabling ethnicity and disability monitoring; and
- Supporting the work of the School Teachers’ Review Body.
This personal data includes some or all of the following - identifiers such as name and National Insurance Number and characteristics such as ethnic group; employment contract and remuneration details, qualifications and absence information.
We will not give information about you to anyone outside the school or Local Authority (LA) without your consent unless the law allows us to.
We are required by law to pass on some of this data to:
- the LA
- the Department for Education (DfE)
If you require more information about how the LA and/or DfE store and use this data please go to the following websites:
- Information on the Data Protection Act from Harrow Council
If you are unable to access these websites, please contact the LA or DfE as follows:
- Harrow Council email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 020 8736 6842
- Public Communications Unit
Department for Education
Great Smith Street
Telephone: 0370 000 2288.